Recipe of the day made the turn of the blogosphere and it worth it: the presentation is beautiful and original, the recipe requires very few ingredients and it’s much easier to do it than it looks ^^ short, these small apples roses have it all and can be baked with the kids! A very good idea to taste;)
The secret is to pre-cook the apples in the microwave to soften them so they can easily be rolled without breaking, then it’s a breeze to train to make the roses! As images speak louder than the words, I made you a little step-by-step photos below;-)
- 2 red apples
- 2 puff pastry rolls
- 2 Tbsp. apricot jam
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan.
- Cut the apples in half, remove core and cut into thin slices using a mandoline. Put the slices in a bowl filled with lemon water. Heat in the microwave for 4 minutes then drain.
- Cut the dough into 6 strips and coat them with a thin layer of apricot jam.
- Place the apple slices on the upper half of the band going out of the dough and overlap. Fold the lower part of the dough on apples. Gently roll tightly. Place immediately into the muffin pan. Repeat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.