Today I propose a small improvised dessert, easy to make and really delicious with nice juicy apricots. A quick gratin with an almond cream base, some currants to bring a touch of acidity, fragrant rosemary and almonds for crunch.
It’s quick and I will certainly repeat the experience with other fruit… Besides fresh figs arrive, I’m sure it will be pretty good ^^
- 10 ripe apricot
- 1/2 g cup currants 150
- 1/4 g cup butter softened, 60
- 1/3 g cup brown sugar 60
- 2/3 g cup ground almonds 60
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1 medium egg
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1/3 g cup flaked almonds 50
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F /200°C.
- Mix the butter, sugar, almond powder and vanilla. Add egg, pinch of salt and mix well. Pour the almond cream in a greased dish.
- Cut apricots into 4 and place them on the almond cream. Add destalked currants and rosemary leaves.
- Bake for 20 minutes then sprinkle with slivered almonds and cook for 5 minutes.