Brunch and me, it’s a great love story :) This is why I suggested this theme for this month Bataille Food, to glean ideas on your blogs ;)
To inspire you a little, I offer today a recipe that fits perfectly into the theme of the Bataille Food: A Avocado & Bacon Toast! For me, this is THE brunch bread, a must with its runny poached egg, crispy bacon and fluffy avocado :)
A quick and easy recipe that I like, the only difficulty is the poached egg if you’re not used to. But I Rasure you right away: it’s very easy to achieve, and I will give you the tricks to succeed certainly your poached egg!
First important point: choose extra-fresh eggs, it is essential for the white to remain around the yolk and shell it during cooking. Not even need to make the famous “swirl” in the water I see everywhere: as long as the egg is extra fresh, white will envelope yellow QED;)
Secondly, we must add a small glass of white vinegar to your cooking water. This will allow the white to coagulate well!
And that’s all !! 3 minutes of cooking and you have your poached egg!
Bread side, choose a good sourdough bread full of character and with a nice crust, your plate will be even better ^^
- 4 cm large slices of bread of about 1 thick
- 2 avocados
- 12 slices of smoked bacon
- 4 large extra-fresh eggs
- A few sprigs of coriander
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- white vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 430°F grill position.
- Bring a large volume of water supplemented with 1/3 cup of white vinegar to a boil. Carefully break eggs into ramekins. When the water boils, reduce the heat to keep the water to a simmer then carefully pour the first egg in the center of the pan.
- Using a spoon, fold the white if needed to form a beautiful poached egg and count 3 minutes of cooking. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Repeat 3 times with the remaining eggs.
- Peel the avocados, slice them thinly and drizzle with lemon juice so they do not blacken.
- To serve, brush the bread with a little olive oil and toast under the grill. Meanwhile, toast the slices of bacon in a dry pan and put the egg temperature by immersing 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Arrange the slices of bacon on the bread, cover with avocado and a poached egg. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.