There are a few months, I discovered the “One Pan Pasta” on Pinterest, and I was immediately seduced by these ultra quick and easy to prepare dishes :) So, I continue to look for ideas the social network to find new combinations of ingredients.
This is how I came across the recipe for “One pan mexican quinoa” from “Damndelicious” blog! I immediately wanted to try because besides being super easy to make, this dish is full and healthy!
As for the “one pan pasta” cooked together is quinoa is perfect after cooking, I think try again soon with other ingredients :)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapenos minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 15-ounce
- 1 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes 14.5
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.