It is time to move to little lighter recipes, no? Especially that there is what to do with seasonal vegetables: cabbage, ultimate “Detox” vegetable, are the stars of our stalls :) And not because we are in winter and that we are cooking cabbage, we must not have something sexy and colorful on our table !!!
So, with the beautiful red cabbages from my Agricultural Cooperative “Hopla”, I chose to make a delicious raw smoothie. I added green apple to give pep and artisanal apple juice to soften everything. Gluttony hand, a hint of spicy whipped cream :)
Serve with a spoon as a cold soup or drink with a straw, so feel free to lengthen a little apple juice;)
Red Cabbage & Granny Smoothie, Espelette Whipped CreamPrint
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 granny apple
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4/5 cl cup artisanal apple juice 20
- 3/4 cl cup whipping cream 15
- 1/2 tsp. Espelette
- Peel the apple, remove core and cut into small pieces. Chop finely the red cabbage.
- Put everything in your blender, add apple juice and lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy texture. Place in the fridge at least 20 minutes.
- Whip the cream with the Espelette pepper.
- Serve the smoothie topped with cream, sprinkle with a little Espelette pepper and a few sprigs of chervil. Serve well chilled!
You’ve tested this recipe and want to be included in this insert? Just send me by email (contact[at]cuisine-addict.com) the link to your post (if you are blogger) or the photo of your plate (if you’re not)!