The holidays are still far away for me, so I put a little exoticism on the menu here with this Stir-Fried rice with shrimp and pineapple. A complete and quick dish, so you do not have to sweat in the kitchen too long ^^
For this recipe it is best to use fresh pineapple, but not too sweet like victoria. You can for once buy a less ripe pineapple, which will bring flavor and a little acidity to the dish. For the touch of fantasy and if you have guests, use hollowed pineapple to serve your dish, it looks very good and I’m sure it will interest your guests;)
If you really do not find fresh pineapple, you can use canned, but then take them without added sugar, syrup, otherwise it really will not be great in the recipe ;)
- Peel and press the garlic. Chop the spring onions finely. Peel the carrots and grate coarsely. Cut the pineapple in half and grab the meat being careful not to puncture the skin. Cut into small cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and ground ginger. Add pepper cut into small dice.
- Fry the shrimps in a pan with a little sesame oil until they take a pretty pink color. Remove from pan.
- Put the red onion and garlic in the pan and brown 2 minutes. Add the carrots, pineapple and corn and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauce, mix well and cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Finally, add the shrimp.