It’s been a long time since I baked tiramisu in the classic way and yet it’s a very easy and quick dessert to make, and especially big plus: it does not require any cooking! And that’s really nice when temperatures are already flirting with 25°C and you do not want to turn the oven on ^^
And if you want to try other versions, you can find on my blog several recipes: tiramisu with blueberries and almonds, matcha’misu and tiramisu with raspberries.
- 3 eggs
- 50 g caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 10 cl coffee strong
- 1 Tbsp. amaretto optional
- 15 finger biscuits
- 2 Tbsp. bitter cocoa powder
- Start by separating the whites from the egg yolks. Whisk the yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens, then add the mascarpone and beat until smooth and lump-free. Set aside in the fridge.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and then gently fold in the mascarpone mixture.
- Mix the coffee and amaretto and then quickly dip the biscuits before placing them in the dish to cover the bottom.
- Top with half the mascarpone mixture and make a new layer of biscuits soaked in coffee. Finish with the rest of the cream and place in the fridge for 1 night.
- Before serving, sprinkle with bitter cocoa powder.