This post is also available in: French
When I saw pass the theme of the Food Battle # 31 on Facebook, I first said to me that it would be complicated for me, not really being in this trend … and then in the end it ‘s the goal to go beyond his comfort zone ?! So I set foot in the stirrup ^^ This month it is Cyrielle from the blog “Petit pois” that gave us the theme “Small seeds” … to make our ideas germinate ^^
Having tamed the quinoa with my One Pan Quinoa (and loved it !!!), I told myself that I was going to be a quinoa recipe … and soon the urge to make a burger came :) I have gone across the web, and mixed some recipes, and here is my Veggie Burger made from quinoa, red beans and corn! A real treat, even for the meat lovers we are;)
Veggie Quinoa & Beans BurgerImprimer
- 6 hamburger buns home made or from your baker
- 1 avocado
For the quinoa patties
- 3/4 g cup dry quinoa 150
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 oz can black beans drained and rinsed, 15 / 400 g
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 large egg or 2 small
- 1 oz small can sweet corn 3.5 / 100 g
- 1/2 g cup rolled oats 40
- 2 Tbsp. rice flour or 1 Tbsp. starch
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- A few drops of green tabasco optional
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- ½ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
The quinoa patties
- Rinse the quinoa and cook in plenty of water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and chopped garlic in a little olive oil. Dispose in a bowl, add the beans and crush with a fork until it makes a puree.
- Stir in the tomato paste, beaten egg, chopped coriander, quinoa, oats and flour. Salt and pepper to taste, add the Tabasco and mix well.
- Shape 8 equally sized pattizs, place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Mix all ingredients and keep cool.
- Brown the patties 5 minutes on each side in a hot pan with a little olive oil and bake for 8 minutes at 350°F to finish cooking.
- Garnish the burger buns, quickly browned under the broiler, with a quinoa pattie, avocado slices, yogurt sauce and a little aragula.