As you loved my apple puff pastry roses, I recidivism today with a savory, always on the same principle but zucchini based! These “flowers” of zucchini will be perfect for an aperitif or as an accompaniment to grilled meat this summer :)
I chose to add the goat cheese and fresh mint but of course you can customize according to your desires and the contents of your closets: tomato sauce, pesto, etc .. everything is possible! So anyone want to taste my flowers?
Zucchini "flowers" with goat cheese and mint
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and wear a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash the zucchini and slice into thin slices with a mandolin. Blanch 1 minute in boiling water then stop the cooking by immersing them in cold water. Dry with paper towels.
- Put the goat cheese in a bowl, add the chopped mint, salt and pepper and work with a fork to soften.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 bands and coat with the goat cheese preparation.
- Place the zucchini slices on the top half of the strip. Fold the bottom of the dough on the zucchini. Gently roll tight. Place immediately in a muffin pan or cupcake tins. Bake for 30 minutes.
You can replace the fresh goat cheese with a cheese preparation with garlic and herbs;)